Serving with Christian Reformed World Missions in Haiti
In the past five years, CRC workers in Haiti have identified youth leadership as an important opportunity for ministry and growth. As such, our primary focus will be to partner with national organizations in supporting youth leadership and discipleship programs through consulting youth leaders and mentoring young people. Through these programs, we hope these Christian men and women will be encouraged to be agents of hope and change in their churches, families, and communities. We will also have the opportunity to host groups from North America and share with them the amazing
ways God is moving in Haiti.
This work is being accomplished by:
- developing new and supporting existing youth leadership and discipleship programs through consultation and mentorship
- walking alongside our partners and strengthening their capacity through encouragement, consultation, training and strategic plan development
- providing support to our CRWM supported programs, Strategies of Transformation and Timothy Leadership Training, through funding, networking and consultation
- visiting and leading worship in Haitian churches and partnering with them in various ministry contexts
- promoting north – south partnerships with supporting churches and individuals that lead to mutually shared goals and contributes toward the learning of both parties.
We both feel called to serve alongside the people of Haiti and are eager to see how God has shaped and molded our lives to be used for his glory there. As missionaries called to draw alongside Christian students and leaders, our vision is to see them empowered to use their gifts and abilities to serve God and their neighbors in their churches, homes, and communities.